Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Two Campfire Day

Today was a two campfire day. We had a campfire last night and this morning at the campsite and later in the day I started one in the fire ring closer to the house. It's easier to sit around the close one while dinner cooks.



Speaking of dinner, it's a perfect weekend to bar-b-que. Not as much smoke as the campfire. At least not yet. I have to add more smoking chips.




What else would you cook for Labor Day weekend but ribs!
















These have been cooking for about three hours now and I will be adding sauce in about a half hour.
Meanwhile, Cathy has been busy in the kitchen making a red potato salad and a zucchini and tomato casserole. Both the zuchinni and tomatoes came from the garden. Yum!



















I've got to run. I think the ribs are about done!