Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ride To Work With Me

.
It's Sunday evening and it's snowing outside for the second time this winter. The fall leaves with all their color are on the ground and covered with snow.

A couple of weeks ago on October 31th, Halloween, I decided to take my camera with me as I drove to and from work to record some of the fall color. I simply shoot through the front or side windows of the car.

Here's what I see on my way to work.



This is along I-90 a few miles down the road. Many of the leaves have fallen but there are still spots of color.




The sky is clear and brilliant and the leaves are very colorful along this stretch.



There are other colors along side the road in addition to the fall colors.




More of those "blue light specials" keeping the speed down.





I get to drive along the lake shore every day. It's often beautiful and goes by quickly.





The "Hi-level" bridge over the Cuyahoga River and through downtown Cleveland has been reduced to two lanes because the structure is deteriorating. Right now it is undergoing an inspection by the state. They plan to replace it in a few years but for now it's only at 50% capacity.




We just crossed over the Rocky River bridge heading West and the local law enforcement officers like to wait just over the crest of this hill. Make sure you are going the speed limit!




There he is. Making money for the city and keeping the roads safe.




Driving down the streets of Bay Village and almost to work. There are a lot of oak and maple trees that line this road and their colors are great.




This tree is right behind the studio (which it up ahead on the left.) Even though there is a big part of it cut away by the power company, it's still one of the most spectacular trees along my drive. It's been a 44 mile journey and I've arrived at work.




We are heading back home now in the evening. I'm crossing the Hi-Level bridge again in the opposite direction (of course) heading towards downtown Cleveland. That is the Cleveland skyline from my vantage.




This is my exit, almost home.




Finally on our street. It's Halloween evening and this just up the street from our house. A lone trick-or-treator is running from house to house. It's actually dusk right now, however, the camera records the scene as brighter than it really is.

I hope you've enjoyed this drive back and forth to work with me. I'll be making the trip again tomorrow if you want to ride along. Let me know.
,