Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Night Date Night

I worked at the studio a few extra hours this evening and Cathy shopped. She is leaving next weekend to go see Joy and Sach and Uma and be there for the birth of our second granddaughter and Uma's sister, so she needed a few last minute items to take along. (I get to join her in a couple of weeks for a long weekend visit!)

As a result, we ate in this evening and enjoyed left over marinara and pasta. It's been raining here since last night and will probably rain all weekend. Certainly not as bed as the folks along the coast of Texas are experiencing tonight.

Yesterday I mentioned my flagpole and the flag I display near the road. I thought I would offer a couple of photos.




This tree, with the branch sticking out on the left, is where I hung my flag on 9-11-2001. Since then, I strung a line between two trees and display the flag as above. When the flag was on the branch, it would sometimes flip back on it's self and get wrapped around the branch. This newer arrangement eliminates that problem. The top of the flag as you see it is about 12 feet above the ground.

This is our flagpole.




This photo is from March of 2006. It was a foggy evening and I went out and took this photo after driving home in the fog. I like it.

Enjoy your evening and I will see you tomorrow.