Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gas for $2.16 per Gallon!

Things have been busy on the North Coast of Ohio today.

Cathy walked this morning, “around the block” which is about 3 ½ miles. Meanwhile, I slept! That’s the way it goes on Sunday. We both get up early throughout the week, but Cathy gets to sleep in on Saturdays and I get to sleep in on Sundays. (I mean “sleeping-in” is till 8:30!)

After she got home, it started to rain. I had hoped to mow the grass today, but the steady rain throughout the morning prevented that. So we made other plans.

After breakfast I headed out to do some grocery shopping and fill up the tank! Our local grocery store has a “Rewards Program” where you get 10¢ saving on a fuel purchase for every $50 grocery purchase. So I headed to the “Get-Go” to buy gas. There is a limit of one car per fill-up and a limit of 30 gallons purchase at the reduced rate. My car holds about 16 gallons. So as to not waste the opportunity, I have purchased several 5 gallon containers for just this reason.

Our savings today was $1.50 PER GALLON and with the limit of 30 gallons, I “saved” $45.00! A full tank of gas and 14 “spare” gallons sitting in the garage… sweet! The price was $2.16 per gallon (remember those days?) for mid-grade gasoline. (Some of the extra gas will be used for the lawn tractor which “likes” 89 octane gas.)

I have lots of pictures from today, but it’s a little late, so look for them another day. Hope your day was as good as ours!